Day Twenty-Two--Monday, 2/9/15
When You Come In
- Sign in, please.
- Pick up the new section of the textbook (purple).
- Put your phone in the hostage center.
- Please put page 29 in the drawer. Thanks!
Free Write #4
- Get out your Writing Resistance Topics sheet, please.
- Let’s write for ten minutes!
- Date = 2/9/15
- Started @ 2:00; ending about 2:10
- What kind of comments would you like on your fifty-word stories? I’m going to read those while you work on some assignments to get ready to start revising tomorrow. Yay, revision! :-)
- How can I add description?
- ...missing criteria?
- Does someone want to read this? How can I get them to want to?
- Did I have a good beginning, middle and end?
- Is it interesting?
- Is my title stellar?
Writing Lesson#1: Line Breaks (Endline and Enjambment) (pages 40-41)
1. Read and discuss page 41 with me now, just the bottom part.
2. Listen while I explain how to do the assignment: https://drive.google.com/a/washington.k12.ia.us/?tab=wo&urp=http://schoology.washington.k12.ia.us/assignment/1&pli=1#folders/0B4pq4r-bWrm_czdubkpkVEgtazA
3. Complete the assignment.
Work time = twenty minutes.
How We’re Going to Use Them:
- We will talk about these breaks TOMORROW.
- This will help you in your revision work the rest of the week!
- You get daily points for doing this.
Writing Lesson #2: Tips on Titles
- Please read the eight tips on page 38 for what can make a good title.
- Grab an Earthbook off the front table, and complete page 39.
- When you finish, return the Earthbook to the front table, and turnin page 39 to the drawer, please.
Self-Assessment for Death of Language
- Open your doc in google.
- At the top of your doc, type the following: “I have completed _____/20 required words and reasons.” Type the number of completes in this blank, obviously.
- Type me several sentences that argue what grade you deserve overall for this assignment:
- 4 = detailed, thoughtful, thorough; used examples to clarify my thinking
- 3 = some detail and throught; lacked an example, or lacked a sentence to pull it all together
- 2 = I gave a basic reason for each of my words, but my responses lack detail and examples
- 1 = I gave a skimpy reason for each word--no detail.
- Take a look at the revision history. Did you work on this after the deadline--1:55 Tuesday, February 3rd--or did you complete all work prior to that time? Answer in a sentence.
- Highlight your BEST answer in yellow.
- Highlight your WEAKEST answer in green.
- Reminder: Poetry Vocab Test TOMORROW! :-)