When You Come In
- Initial next to your name on my clipboard for attendance.
- Drop your phone in the phone hostage center. Put your phone BEHIND your name card, please.
- Grab your book and your orange sheet for free reading later.
- Jump on quizlet for ten minutes to study a little more for the test.
- If you are acing the class words, do the ACT words instead.
- Sign up for pizza on the pizza spread sheet: https://docs.google.com/a/washington.k12.ia.us/spreadsheets/d/1Pxh0eBwyE9zi_GxXb2ygeLUBIS3mvoi3v1lqVjRolAo/edit#gid=0
- Bring money THURSDAY.
- Take the quiz.
Six-Way Paragraph = Rats! (#22)
Six-Way Paragraph—Understanding a Passage in Six Different Ways
1. Reading Strategy #1: Read the questions first! (Give yourself purpose.)
2. Reading Strategy #2: Consider the title, before, during and after reading.
3. Reading Strategy #3: Annotation (Talk to the text.)
- Complete “Rats” on your own.
- Use your strategies!
- Complete the worksheet called “Making Inferences 2.”
- Keep them both at your desk for now!
- Read and relax!
- Give yourself a score for today, and make sure you fill in “pages read” as well--all your blanks should be filled in! :-)
11:15--Pair-Shares and Checking
- Six-Way Paragraph
- Making Inferences 2
- Get handouts for tomorrow, and let me tell you the plan!
- You will have sixty minutes to read tomorrow, so make sure you bring a snack (if needed).
- If you need to leave the room tomorrow, ASK THE SUB--don’t just leave. Thanks!
- Library = Jose; Amber
- Note: We will talk about registration THURSDAY, so please bring your paper and booklet! USE PENCIL to fill that sheet in! :-)