Day Twenty-Three--Tuesday, 2/10/15
When You Come In
- Sign in, please.
- Put your phone in the hostage center.
- Grab your purple page 39 off the front table.
Big Picture Discussions
- What have we learned? Review Unit 1! (page 2)
- Where are we headed? Begin with the end in mind! Unit 2! (page 31)
Writing Lesson #1: Tips on Titles
- Let’s talk about page 39!
- Let’s hear those weak itles!
- Let’s hear those strong titles!
- How does this lesson apply to your own creative work?
Writing Lesson#2: Line Breaks (Endline and Enjambment) (pages 40-41)
Line Break Analysis w/Partner
Pair-share, then whole-class discussion
- Why did you break the lines where you did?
- Why did your partner break the lines where he/she did?
- Why did the writers break the lines where they did? (originals)
- What’s the difference between an end-stopped line, and enjambment? (Read and use page 41 for help answering this question.)
- What techniques have you been using in the poems you’ve written?
Line Break Form Link: https://drive.google.com/a/washington.k12.ia.us/?tab=wo&urp=http://schoology.washington.k12.ia.us/assignment/1&pli=1#folders/0B4pq4r-bWrm_czdubkpkVEgtazA
Survey Link: https://docs.google.com/a/washington.k12.ia.us/forms/d/12Ab1FX2OzPqsJBPLqwK2_jLFMfxjXZYlrmqJAHXXDqE/viewform?usp=send_form
- Take the quizlet poetry test. (on paper)
- Study the ACT prep words. (on schoology) This is for EVERYONE today!