Day Thirty-Three--Happy Wednesday!
February 25th, 2015
When You Come In
- Initial next to your name on my clipboard for attendance.
- Drop your phone in the phone hostage center. Put your phone BEHIND your name card, please.
- Grab your Listening to College-Prep Podcasts and the orange vocab viewing assignment off the phone table, please.
- We will NOT have reading time today! Bring a snack for tomorrow, and we’ll do a one hour read-and-feed!
- I’m going to explain both assignments first, so work time will flow, and I won’t have to interrupt you later.
- Vocab Pic Viewing: Egregious, Longevity, Tactful, Tactless (handout)
- Write your good, accurate synonyms first--you have them on your worksheet!
- Quick Reminder: how to use PREVIEW in google docs to see pics without having to individually open each one!
- Make sure your sentences are complete and thoughtful. That’s why I left you so much room to write!
- Turn this in the the drawer when you finish it, then continue listening to your podcasts.
- Listening to College-Prep Podcasts
- Yesterday, you only had about twenty-five actual minutes to listen to podcasts. Total up your minutes now. If you have more than roughly twenty-five minutes, you have more than that, you were skimming and skipping, not really listening.
- I want you to listen to a MINIMUM of forty minutes (so that’s the LEAST you can do) for an “A” on this assignment. Go ahead and listen to forty-five or fifty minutes, rather than trying to stop at exactly forty! Stretch!
- Here are people’s nominations from yesterday as the best one they listened to:
- #1: Why LeBron is Smarter than Neil DeGrassi (1)
- #4: Five Study Mistakes Students Make (2)
- #7: Get Smarter in Five Minutes (1)
- #14: Ten Easy Ways to Kill Procrastination (3)
- #15: Memory Skills to Fix Your Study Ills (2)
- #37: Secret to Having Your Nights and Weekends Free (1)
- #44: Best Grade (2)
- #46: How Not to Read for College, Part I (1)