Day Thirty-TWO--Happy Tuesday, 2/24/15!
When You Come In
Conference with Me
- I’ve printed your most recent three pieces: Love Letter, Undercover Deputy, and Three Pieces, One Loss.
- When you get the index card, come see me.
- You tell me which one you MOST want me to read for extensive comments.
- This should also be a piece you want to revise next week.
- Check out the comments you got on your Childhood Fear Poems.
- You guys did a marvelous job thoughtfully commenting on each other’s--BRAVO!
- What do you notice? What kinds of comments did you get? HOW did people phrase their comments? What was/is helpful to you?
- constructive, helpful suggestions
- grammar mistakes fixed
- what I like
- said what didn’t make sense
- make connections
- Peer Conference Assignment: Autobio Poem
- Get partners for the Autobio Poem.
- Make at least ten comments (positive and/or negative) to help your partner revise to final draft.
- Think about the rubric targets as you read and comment!
Revision Assignment #1: Autobio Poem w/Rubric (final)--ON SCHOOLOGY
- Let’s review the guidelines (with examples) for Final Revision (posted in class google folder for your review): https://docs.google.com/a/washington.k12.ia.us/document/d/1j-Sc6YSZPHGHj5JVxqFasjZbsEeYoR6jh48jHMbD8Tk/edit
- Here’s a copy of the rubric--let’s review it so we know what our targets are.
- Tell yourself, “This is a test, where I’m showing I know how to use everything I’ve learned in class thus far to revise my poem to a final draft.”
- Revise your poem. (Leave it in the folder.)
- Thoughtfully fill out your rubric, and turn it in to the drawer.
HOMEWORK: Revision Assignment #2: Childhood Fear Poem--ON SCHOOLOGY