Day Twenty-Nine--Happy Thursday, February 19th, 2015
When You Come In
- Initial next to your name on my clipboard for attendance.
- Drop your phone in the phone hostage center. Put your phone BEHIND your name card, please.
- Grab your read-and-relax book and your orange sheet.
- Please get out your headphones.
Independent Work Time
Six-Way Paragraph—Understanding a Passage in Six Different Ways
1. “51--The Story of the Hamburger”
2. Reading Strategy #1: Read the questions first! (Give yourself purpose.)
3. Reading Strategy #2: Consider the title, before, during and after reading.
4. Reading Strategy #3: Annotation (Talk to the text.)
- Study quizlet for fifteen minutes.
- The Experience of Absurdity
NO LATER THAN 10:55--Read and Relax