Day Thirty-Two--Tuesday, February, 24th, 2015
Day Thirty-Three--Wednesday, February 25th, 2015
- Lunch @12:08-12:33
When You Come IN
- Write your name in big letters across the top of each of your stories.
- Write “Homework,” then the color of ink you used.
- Write “Workshop,” then the color of ink you’ll use today during read-alouds.
- Put them in piles where I show you now, before the tardy bell even rings. I need to get you prepped and out of here quickly.
- Circle up. Everyone is in a chair, sitting up, in a tight circle. This is academic discsusion time.
- Read along on your copy of the story, while the author reads aloud. Let him/ her read it all the way through with no interruptions.
- After the reading, go around the circle, and have each listener make at least three comments (two positive, one negative--constructive).
- Once that is complete, you can discuss the story in a more organic way, as long as all comments are focused on the STORY.
- When this discussion concludes, start your second story.
- Your ticket out the door is the first story your group is workshopping, complete with six to eight comments per page.
- Put your name in big letters at the top of the other stories, and put them in the correct pile. I will check these while you are workshopping your first story.
- Send ONE person back to me when you’re ready to workshop the second story, and I’ll have them ready.
- Send ONE person back to me when you’re ready for the third story….
- Do NOT leave the rooms early. When the bell rings at 12:21, go to lunch as usual, but do not leave early.
After the Workshop
- Expectations for homework (prepare)
- Two readers, ready to read tomorrow, for each group
- Room assignment