Monday, January 12th, 2015
When You Come In
Please initial next to your name on the clipboard.
- Please pick up a manila folder off the sign-in table.
- Put your phone in the phone hostage station (back circle table by the windows).
- Turn in your pink Earthbook Reading sheet to the drawer, please. Thanks!
First Ten Minutes
- Get your free write #1 back, and read my comments.
- Get your Ten-Minute Spill back, and read my comments.
- Put them both in the manila folder I give you, and put your name on both sides of the tab.
- Return the folder to me, when I ask for it back, please!
Writing Assignment: Free Write #2!
- Write for ten minutes without stopping.
- ...can be about anything you want, but use the Writing Resistance topics if desired.
- Date: 1/12/15
- Free Write #2
- Start @ 2:05; ending @2:15
Peer Conference Preparation
- Let’s take a gander at the class folder.
- Let’s look at the peer conference model together. What does a good peer conferencer do? (2:25-2:30)
- constructive criticism
- corrected word usage
- suggestions for improvement
- specific replacements
- what I liked
- say when it doesn’t make sense
- make connection
- point out strong imagery
- Discuss Advice for Revising and Editing Poetry.
- Type three questions at the top of your poem you want answered.
- Look what happens in “see revision history”.
- Discuss how to COMMENT on google drive.
- …and now a word about partners—listen carefully.
- Share your poem on google drive with the person I assign you, and share it with me.
- Make sure you select “CAN EDIT.”
- Read your partner’s three questions, so you know what they most want you to comment on.
- Using the COMMENT function, make at least TEN comments on each other’s poems in the margins.
- When you think you’re done, count your comments in the right margin, to make sure you have ten.
- Finally, answer each of the questions your partner typed. Type your answer underneath each question in a different color of ink.
Reminder: The only acceptable places to be on your computer today are as follows:
- google drive
- thesaurus.com—bookmark it now, peeps!
- NOTE: If LAN School tells me you are any place else, you lose half-credit on your daily assignment, which cannot be made up. Make sure you are on WCSD—STUDENT so your computer is visible to me; otherwise, you lose half-credit as well.
When You Finish Your Peer Conference
Homework = None