- 2nd Block: Comprehension Strategies/ACT Prep
- DAY THREE--January 9th, 2015
- Happy Friday!
When You Come In
1. Find your seat (the one with an pink post-it note with your name on it), and drop off your stuff.
2. Initial next to your name on my clipboard for attendance (on the table at the front of the room).
3. Drop your phone in the phone hostage center. Put your phone BEHIND your name card, please.
Your reading comprehension is improved if I provide you with the following:
- purposeful, natural learning situations.
- facts and information.
- knowledge of details like who? what? where? how?
- practice in conversation skills to understand the reading.
- application of information to predict what will happen next.
- help to form visual images of what you are reading.
Reading Strategy: Prediction
- Get back your vocab sheet from yesterday.
- Complete Vocab Review Sheet #1 together, but you write down your own answers.
- Put your name on the top, and throw it in the drawer when we’re done!
- Find two pictures that SHOW each of the first four vocab words, and save them on your desktop.