Day Three--Welcome to Creative Writing! :-)
January 9th, 2015--Happy Friday!
When You Come In
Please initial next to your name on the clipboard.
- Find your desk with your blue name sticky note on it.
- Put your phone in the phone hostage station (back circle table by the windows).
- a short saying that is widely used to express an obvious truth.
- a short, traditional saying that expresses some obvious truth or familiar experience
- synonym = adage
- Click here for a list of fifty English proverbs.
- Discuss as many of them with your partner as time allows.
- Which ones are familiar?
- Why are they familiar?
- Which ones are new to you?
- Why might that be?
- When I call time, each of you will create your own google doc. On that doc, I want you to type five to ten (whatever time allows, but at least five) of the proverbs you find most interesting, most relevant, most weird....
- When I call time, we'll discuss your faves as a class.
Ten-Minute Spill Poem Assignment
- Write a ten-line poem.
- Your poem must include a proverb, adage, or familiar phrase (the whole nine yards; don’t count your chickens before they hatch; a needle in a haystack) THAT YOU HAVE CHANGED IN SOME WAY.
- You must also include FIVE of the following words:
- cliff blackberry
- needle cloud
- voice moher
- whir lick
- You have ten minutes.
Last Ten Minutes
Work on anything you have due for Monday, or play quizlet.