- 2nd Block: Comprehension Strategies/ACT Prep
- DAY SIX--January 14th, 2015
- Happy Wednesday!
When You Come In
- Get back all your papers.
- There are a zillion, so keep them organized. How?
- Sort them by color.
- Put them in date order
- Dividers would be helpful, but since your papers are color-coded, dividers are not vital.
Review Yesterday’s Words
Put four new words up on the board, so all eight are there for you to take a gander at.
- Explain both assignments you’re going to work on, then cut you lose to work on them.
- Everything I’m about to go ove is on schoology, so if you miss anything, you’ll be able to re-read it on schoology at your own pace.
Six-Way Paragraph—Understanding a Passage in Six Different Ways: “Count Dracula”
- Reading Strategy #1: Read the questions first! (Give yourself purpose.)
- Reading Strategy #2: Consider the title, before, during and after reading.
- Reading Strategy #3: Annotation (Talk to the text.)
- Check your grade in schoology, the way I showed you last week.
- Check your desktop. Have you created a folder called “Vocab Pics”?
- Do you have eight pics in it?
- Your pics should be saved like this: “Haughty1” and “Haughty2”, etc.
- Can I get a gracious volunteer from the audience to show the class your desktop pics?
- Find two pics for each of your four new vocab words:
- Leave this folder of pics on your desktop for now. We are not turning it in yet.
- Get signed on to our quizlet class, and start studying the first eight words.