Day Fifteen--Wednesday, January 28th, 2015
- Compose the longest sentence you can using only letters from the first half of the alphabet—that is, the letters “A” through”M”.
A B C D E F G
H I J K L M
- I had a big kid.
- I’m a bad kid.
- Em had a magical beaded badge.
- A llama made magical gel bake a cake
- I made a magical bee be a cab caddie; he jiggled and giggled a cake.
Let’s share some of our best! Record three of your sentences here: https://docs.google.com/a/washington.k12.ia.us/spreadsheets/d/1r4nGMPcnuCC0MwVW66UnteDxynIW7uxophNN5fZuYaM/edit#gid=0
What did this exercise force you do to? How did it force your brain to work?
Big Word for the Week = MEMOIR!
Big Word from Last Week – DICTION!
· Vocabulary Variety sheet
Peer Conference: Childhood Memoir
- Did the writer use dialogue?
- If so, was it effective and interesting?
- If not, should the writer use dialogue?
- What structure did the writer use to organize the
- Was this structure effective, or do you think the author should consider organizing it a different way?
- Is the description of the people in the memoir vivid and clear?
- Can you see them?
- Give evidence either way.
- Is the piece focused on the event, and not on hypothetical or imaginary situations?
- How effective is the title?
- Explain why you think it’s strong, or explain why you think it could be stronger.
- What was your favorite aspect of the writing?
- What is one thing you think the writer should pay more attention to?
While you are working on this, I am going to grade your poetry element spreadsheets.
- Work time to finish PC = 12:50-1:00
- I need the rest of the block! :-)
1:00--Homework Photo and Worksheet Assignment
Homework (page 49) for TOMORROW
- Find a photo that is special to you.
- Complete the worksheet on page 49 BEFORE you come to class tomorrow. This is important, because we’re partnering up.
- Bring the photo as a physical print or saved on your desktop and the completed page 49 to class with you tomorrow.
Homework Writing Assignment for FRIDAY
- Explanation: Post Secret Post Card assignment on page 43
- Slideshow viewing for models
- Supplies: TWO 4 x 6 index cards to each person.
- TWO Post Secret Post Cards are due FRIDAY, one to share, one to mail anonymously.
- Keep your postcards private—we are having a reveal! Here’s how it will go….