Day Fourteen--Tuesday, January 27th, 2015
When You Come In
- Initial next to your name on my clipboard for attendance.
- Drop your phone in the phone hostage center. Put your phone BEHIND your name card, please.
- We are not going to read and relax today, so you do not need your orange sheet or your book.
Strategy Practice: Annotating
Read and annotate the article “Hard Hit.”
- Do you remember how we stopped and wrote an annotation for each paragraph when we read the foot-binding article? Flip to that article in your binder now.
- Now get out your Strategy Practice sheet--I want you to use that today as you read.
- Read “Hard Hit.” During your reading, or at the end of each paragraph, I want you to STOP and make an annotation using one of your strategies from the sheet.
- If you do question, write “Question: Then write your question.”
- If you do comment, wirte “Comment: Then write your comment.”
- You must do one annotation per paragraph.
Before You Read
- Read the ten questions you will have to answer at the end, so you know what you’re looking for.
- When you find the answers in the text as you’re reading, highlight them, so you can go back and find them later.
After You Read
- Answer the ten questions at the end of the packet.
- Put your name on the front of the packet, and drop this in the drawer.
- Please go to quizlet, and study the words until I stop you.
- If you feel you know all the words, do the ACT word review instead.
- Is the ACT list too big? If it’s too big to study effectively, I can break it up into four chunks.
- Also, do you know how to star a word, so you can practice only the starred ones?
- Paper pass-back and folder organization
ANTONYMS for INCONSEQUENTIAL