Day Fifteen--Wednesday, January 28th, 2015
When You Come In
- Sign in, please.
- Put your phone in the hostage center.
- Make sure your Death of Language assignment is saved in the class folder as follows: “YOUR LAST NAME—DEATH OF LANGUAGE”.
- Death of Language, half-way completed--ten words with full reasons that look at least as detailed as the models; saved on google drive.
Death of Language Progress Check-- Half-way Checkpoint (ten words with full reasons that look at least as detailed and thoughtful as the answers on page 19)
- Goal #1: Get feedback on your work so far that will show you if you are on the right track for creating an excellent assignment, or if you need to dedicate more time and energy to this assignment between now and Thursday.
- Goal #2: Learn some new vocabulary words. Diction, diction, diction! :-)
- Explanation #1: Page 20: Progress Check (which you will complete now)
- Explanation #2: Page 21: Handout #1: Final Assessment (which we will fill out FRIDAY, when all twenty answers are due)
- Started ____ ; ending ____ (twenty minutes)
After You Complete Page 20
- When you finish your two progress checks, turn in your page 20 to me.
- Quizlet--study the poetry vocab, until you can score 90% or better on the Test--test yourself on “written” and “matching” only, since that is how the paper test will be formatted: http://quizlet.com/65376339/poetry-terms-cw-2015-flash-cards/
- Then move on to the new word list I made for you, ACT Prep Word List #1: http://quizlet.com/67553965/teacher/1385950/pastyear
Writing Assignment: Autobiographical Poem (page 22)
1. I explained the assignment.
2. I read Kyle’s model.
3. And here is where you will find more models: https://drive.google.com/a/washington.k12.ia.us/?tab=wo&urp=http://schoology.washington.k12.ia.us/assignment/1&pli=1#folders/0B4pq4r-bWrm_dWhtb0g1cERCYnc
4. Create a typed rough draft now! :-)
5. Save it in the class folder for this assignment.
If Time Remains
- Continue working on your Death of Language. Twenty words and reasons are due FRIDAY.