Tuesday, December 16th
Six Days Remain!
When You Come In
- Please sign in.
- Sat where you sat yesterday, lovelies.
- Get out your copy of Animal Farm.
- If you don’t have a desk, get one from the library, and put it in one of the rows of three, please. Thanks.
- If you missed the quiz yesterday, you can take it later during reading time.
Pair-Share--do the following IN ORDER, please! (Ten minutes)
Russian Revolution Powerpoint and Note-Taking
__________________ = _________________
historical figure/event/setting Animal Farm figure/event/setting
Divide your paper into two columns:
11:00/12:30--Reading and Annotation Assignment--due when you come to class tomorrow
Read chapter 6, pages 31-38.
Annotate the following:
- How are the commandments changing?
- How is propaganda (Squealer) being used?
- How is brainwashing being used?
- to make (someone) adopt radically different beliefs by using systematic and often forcible pressure.
- a method for systematically changing attitudes or altering beliefs, originated in totalitarian countries, especially through the use of torture, drugs, or psychological-stress techniques.
- any method of controlled systematic indoctrination, especially one based on repetition or confusion
- In what ways is history itself being revised, changed, altered?
- What are conditions like now, compared to conditions under Jones?