Monday, December 15th
(Seven days remaining)
When You Come In
- Please sign in.
- Sit as close to your normal seat as possible, please.
- Get out your copy of Animal Farm, as well as your two vocab sheets.
- If you don’t have a desk, get one from the library, and put it in one of the rows of three, please. Thanks.
Vocabulary (Ten minutes)
- Discuss your EXEMPLARS on the vocab sheets. Let’s start with the government terms today.
- Remember, you need TWO examples for each word. If you hear one from someone else that makes perfect sense to you, write it down. But it will be most effective if you think of one of your own--brain research.
Quiz: Chapters 3, 4, 5
After You Finish the Quiz
12:20? Today, we’re looking at Animal’s SECOND LAYER.
Here’s the literal one:
Review from Yesterday (One minute)
- This is a fable. What is a fable? :-)
- animals are the main characters
- teaches a moral or a lesson
Now here’s the FIGURATIVE ONE:
WRITE “THIS BOOK IS AN ALLEGORY” ON PAGE ONE.
In-Class Reading and Connection-Making
Russian History Reading