Thursday, November 6th
When You Come In
- Please sign in.
- Please pick up a purple Greek/Roman sheet.
- Please get two more green sheets off the front table.
- Put your chairs in audience mode, like they were yesterday. Please lift, not drag! :-)
- Get out your green sheets from yesterday!
- Get into presentation and/or listening mode!
- Turn off your phones, and stow them away in your bag--don’t have on your desk or on your bod.
- Start listening for resonances and echoes.
- Start look for patterns--try to connect the dots!
- What have you heard and seen so far?
- overthrowing your father
- strange offspring
- meanness to children
- extreme punishments
- heroic acts
- people gettting buried/crushed by natural features (mountains)
- family relationships
Barbie Presentation Prep (Five Minutes)
- Remember, one strategy to understand and remember is REVIEW your notes. Review your notes. Do we have any resonances/echoes/patterns to add to our list?
- What is the most surprising thing you learned yesterday?
- Did you have any a-ha moments?
- Turn off your phone, and stow it away. You are to show the presenter your best audience behavior. Checking your phone during their presentation, etc, is not best audience behavior.
- Review procedures from yesterday:
- Present a one-minute story about your Barbie.
- Present your Barbie.
- Help guide us through notes.
- Put the mic on the next person.
- Bring me your “done” Barbie.
- REMINDER: Myth Beast Slideshows were due today, so make sure yours is in the correct google folder I showed you yesterday. Thanks!
- Study your vocab words for ten to twenty minutes tonight, depending your need. The vocab quiz is tomorrow.