Thursday, November 6, 2014

Thursday, November 6th--CREATIVE WRITING

  • Thursday, November 6th, 2014
    Day Thirteen

    Housekeeping
    1. Please sign in.
    2. Put your phone in the hostage center, please.
    3. Make sure you have earbuds or headphones handy.
    4. Get out a sheet of notebook paper, please.

    Free Write #3
    • Started 2:01
    • Ended 2:11


    I need someone to be my guinea pig for no red ink--I would need you to get into your no red ink account, then let me put it up on the screen.  Let me know if I can use you!  :-)

    Organization Reminders
    • Check schoology two minutes each day--make sure you know what is happening in class, and know what you’re responsible for.

    Grammar  Work
    1. Don’t open your computers--just let me show you want I want you to do first.
    2. Go into noredink, and beef up your interests!
    3. Select at least three interests from each category!
    4. Complete the two new grammar assignments.

    THIS VIDEO STOPPED WORKING AFTER THREE MINUTES, SO I WILL WORK ON A NEW LINK, and WE’LL DO IT LATER
    WRITING LESSON:  DICTION
    Lecture and Quiz--Let's See What You Know!     (Ten minutes)
    2.     Take the quiz to see if you understood the main points of the lecture.
    3.     Take a screen shot of your score (Shift, Command, 3)
    4.   E-mail me your screen shot as an attachment, and put your score in the title line. You don’t actually have to write a message.

    Poetry Vocabulary Work
    1. Why?  …so we all have a common vocabulary to talk about poetry.  You will use these terms  when you revise (application) your poetry.
    2. Click on the “Poetry Vocabulary Quiz” assignment on schoology, and study the words.  Play the games.  Test yourself.
    3. When I call time, everyone will take the test, take a screenshot, then e-mail it to me.  No one will see the score except me.  Use only your own brain for help--no look-ups!
      1. Written
      2. Matching
      3. Definition
      4. 30 terms
      5. Create New Test


    • Share WE #5 with me now, if you have not already done so.
    • Thanks!


    Last Ten Minutes
    • Catchphrases!

No comments: