- Thursday, November 6th, 2014Day ThirteenHousekeeping
Free Write #3
- Please sign in.
- Put your phone in the hostage center, please.
- Make sure you have earbuds or headphones handy.
- Get out a sheet of notebook paper, please.
I need someone to be my guinea pig for no red ink--I would need you to get into your no red ink account, then let me put it up on the screen. Let me know if I can use you! :-)Organization Reminders
- Started 2:01
- Ended 2:11
- Check schoology two minutes each day--make sure you know what is happening in class, and know what you’re responsible for.
THIS VIDEO STOPPED WORKING AFTER THREE MINUTES, SO I WILL WORK ON A NEW LINK, and WE’LL DO IT LATERWRITING LESSON: DICTIONLecture and Quiz--Let's See What You Know! (Ten minutes)1. Listen to the lesson at this link: http://education-portal.com/academy/lesson/how-to-write-with-good-diction-to-develop-style-tone-point-of-view.html2. Take the quiz to see if you understood the main points of the lecture.3. Take a screen shot of your score (Shift, Command, 3)4. E-mail me your screen shot as an attachment, and put your score in the title line. You don’t actually have to write a message.Poetry Vocabulary Work
- Don’t open your computers--just let me show you want I want you to do first.
- Go into noredink, and beef up your interests!
- Select at least three interests from each category!
- Complete the two new grammar assignments.
- Why? …so we all have a common vocabulary to talk about poetry. You will use these terms when you revise (application) your poetry.
- Click on the “Poetry Vocabulary Quiz” assignment on schoology, and study the words. Play the games. Test yourself.
- When I call time, everyone will take the test, take a screenshot, then e-mail it to me. No one will see the score except me. Use only your own brain for help--no look-ups!
- 30 terms
- Create New Test
Last Ten Minutes
- Share WE #5 with me now, if you have not already done so.