Monday, November 17th, 2014
When You Come In
- Please sign in.
- Please pick up an “It’s Greek to Me” chapter.
- Go to schoology, and read the directions for the “It’s Greek to Me” assignment, listed under Wednesday.
- Take the two vocab quizzes, then put them in the correct folders on my table, please.
Reading and Annotating: Professor Foster: “It’s Greek to Me” (Thirty Minutes)
- Start reading and annotating “It’s Greek to Me.” I’ll be straight with you--this is one of the most difficult pieces you’ll read, because of all the references/allusions--all the look-ups and annotations you’ll have to do.
- Draw a line where you’re ending today, and write “ended, 11/17.”
- On the back of the packet, date it 11/17, and write down one well-written sentence that is your take-away from today’s half-hour of reading.
- Find five other people to read your take-away sentence, and have each one initial it.
- Initial your partner’s as well after you read it.
- What was the same about your take-aways?
- What was different?
Viewing: Finish The History Channel’s Gods and Goddesses (Twenty Minutes)
- :-) = solid organization and breadth; a structure is clearly visible in your notes, and it looks like you recorded most of the information from the dvd
- ? = Your structure isn’t clearly and consistently visible; you don’t have complete information from the video
Directions for Today’s Note-Taking
- Draw a line under your notes from Friday.
- What are two things you want to (A) continue to do well from Friday, or (B) improve on from Friday?
- Follow the directions on schoology for the Myth Review over Viewing, I.