Monday, November 10th
When You Come In
- Please sign in.
- Please grab an orange vocab sheet off the sign-in table.
- Please put your two pages of Shmoop notes in the drawer, after you put your name on the top of them.
- Reminder: if you miss class, you should get green sheet notes from someone, then copy them outside of class. You may not copy notes during this class period.
Vocabulary (no more than twenty minutes)
- Go over the new set of vocabulary words. (handout)
- Thesaurus.com on the big screen plus exemplars
NEW IDEA: Importance of Beasts and Creatures
1. Represented evil in conflicts between good and bad
2. Gave mortals the chance to slay them and become heroes
3. Offered so many answers and explanations for disasters such as shipwrecks and volcanoes
- Where role does YOUR beast or creature play? Please tell us in your presentation.
- How many blank green sheets to do you have?
- Make sure you have at least three (enough for six presentations).
Beast/Creature Presentations (...although some are gods/goddesses.)
- I’d like to have you present the beasts and creatures in groups that make their connections.
- You are the experts on your individual creature, so take a look at the groupings, and tell me if you see a way to organize them that makes connections more clear.
- Tell me if you do NOT see your creature here! Thanks!
Homework: Study for fifteen to twenty minutes outside of class.
- Quizlet Word List #3
- Quizlet Greek/Roman names