- Today is a quiet work period. Be tactful at all times. Be kind and respectful to Mr. B, who is your sub.
- Complete the orange vocab sheet for TO CURTAIL, OBSTINATE, and TO COLLABORATE. Don't spend more than five minutes on the word search. If you need hints, quietly see Mr. B. He has the key. Thanks.
- Use your reading strategies (read the questions, annotate the text, and consider the title), and complete the Six-Way Paragraph, "61, Blowing their Tops." Turn it in to the drawer when you finish. We will check it tomorrow.
- Play quizlet for fifteen minutes. Time yourself. Don't play more than fifteen minutes, please.
- Read and relax. Make sure to fill out your pink sheet carefully.
Lunch at 12:21
QST at 1:30
Day 31--Wednesday, October 1st, 2014
- Circle up! People who didn’t ask their questions or share their a-ha moments, do so now! :-)
- What Makes a Hero? http://ed.ted.com/lessons/what-makes-a-hero-matthew-winkler
- Re-watch this five minute clip as we read Oedipus--can we track his journey?
- Jeopardy Game = four teams in four corners of the room: https://jeopardylabs.com/play/oedipus-rex-jeopardy-quiz
- Take the vocabulary quiz, then turn it into the drawer, please.
Individual Work time (both due by 8:00AM tomorrow)
- Oedipus Shmoop Assignment: https://docs.google.com/a/washington.k12.ia.us/document/d/1__C1k3g9Vc2OvqHLq6wkmQ5P-wHB6_6yJwMSVpj-9ZY/edit
- Oedipus Test Review: Take each quiz on this page (five total) until you score 100% on each one--http://www.shmoop.com/oedipus-the-king/quizzes.html
- Take this quiz, but skip the questions about Oedipus at Colonus and Antigone: http://www.sparknotes.com/drama/oedipus/quiz.html