September 4th, 2014
When You Come In
- Please sign in.
- Your myth beast presentations are due in the google folder by classtime. Directions are on the blog from Tuesday, 9/2, on how/where to save it.
- If you have time before 8:10, get on quizlet, and study vocab set #3.
- Pick up a printed copy of the word list.
Everybody up! We’re going up, down, up down with the new word set.
- Listen and look now for resonances, echoes, patterns.
- What have you heard so far?
Barbie Presentation Reminders
1. Tell the most important story of your god/goddess, clearly and correctly.
2. Show and explain your Barbie on the big screen—completed with color and detail, like the models.
A word about note-taking….
1. Today, people told a brief story (one minute) about his/her god/goddess, then presented the myth Barbie.
2. We listened the first time through the presentation, then took notes as we went back through the key points.
3. The following gods/goddess were presented--and what do we remember about them from yesterday? You guys tell me, and I’ll take notes..
- mother earth
- grandma to Zeus
- married to Uranus
- made Cyclopes from his castration blood
- castrated by Cronus with a sickle!
- queet of the Titans
- saves Zeus from eating
- daughter of Gaea and Uranus
- married to Cronus
- castrates his dad (Uranus)
- overthrown by Zeus
- eats all his babies, except Zeus
- father of Olympians
- pukes up five of Zeus’s siblings
- holds up earth because he sided with Titans against Zeus
- Prometheus--started here THURSDAY
- Zeus done
- Hera done
- Poseidon done
- Hades done
- Athena done
- Artemis done
We will hear about more gods/goddesses tomorrow!
Homework for Tomorrow
- Quizlet--Vocab List #3
Happy Thursday, September 4th, 2014!
When You Come In—Do these things before the tardy bell, please.
1. Initial attendance on the clipboard on the front table.
2. Pick up the orange sheet by the clipboard.
3. Pick up your book and daily reading sheet.
4. Sit in your quiet work time seat.
NEW VOCAB (HANDOUT)
- TO CHASTISE
Vocab Pics Assignment Explanation (handout)
- Note: you probably won’t be able to just type in “image bellicose” and get the picture of your dreams. You’ll do better if you think of someone or something who is the EXAMPLE of bellicose, then search for that image. For example, Hitler was bellicose--he was antagonistic and always looking for a fight. So search “Hitler image” instead of “bellicose image”.
Vocab Picture Quiz (on your own notebook paper)
- Grab a sheet of paper, and write down a guess for the pics I’m going to show you.
- Call this paper, “Picture Quiz #1”.
- Date it: 9/4/2014
- Write your name at the top.
We did not have time for read-and-relax today.
E-mail me in school google mail:
1) I have _____ / 24 pics found.
2) I have checked my grade on SCHOOLOGY, and it is fine/I have a question about ________.
Last Five Minutes of Class: Organization
1) Paper pass-back
2) Binder organization
o Organized by sectiono then by date order, oldest first, newest towards the back.