Tuesday, February 25th, 2014
Turbo-Advanced Creative Writing
Find and print the following poems from Creative Writing (Cinquains are from this term of ACW though.)
- Autobiographical Poem
- Drawing Optional
- Name Poem
- Sense Poem
- Russian Tailor Poem
- Ogden Nash Poems
Writing Assignment: Ogden Nash Poems
1. Let’s read some little poems by writer Ogden Nash (handout)
2. What elements do you notice Nash using in many of the poems?
3. Why would these appeal to a kiddo?
4. Write three Ogden Nash Poems of your own, with these elements in each:
b. Animals or other topics children like
d. Rhyme: www.rhymezone.com
e. Listen to the rhythm (number of syllables in each line). Do you need to substitute any words so the flow is better?
f. Is every word a strong one? Use your Vocab Variety and thesaurus.com for help.
g. length = two to eight lines for each poem
h. a title that adds a dimension to the poem
PRINT THEM, IF THEY ARE G-Rated and ready to go for Thursday.
Writing Buddies--Stuff to Do for Thursday!
- Ashley Rausch
- Sam Mullens
- Caitlin Yeggy
- Erica Zigelowsky
- Shannon Allred
- Kaytlyn Christner
- Michelle Holland
- Victoria Bennett
- Kendal Leyden
- Macenzee Schwab
- Mallory Van Winkle
- Logan Howard
- Alex Sinn
- Meredith Miller
- Stephanie Loy
- Kristen Mead
- Mackenzie Miller (will be gone Friday--someone will need to take her kiddos)
- Anna Wiley
- Mariah Crone
- Emily Bell
- Bailey Anderson
- Christian Thomas
- Morgan Britton
We will eat with you.
_11-15_people will need to buy lunches there at Lincoln.