Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Wednesday, February 26th, 2014



Creative Writing
Wednesday, February 26th, 2014

When You Come In
1.      Please sign in.
2.     Get a copy of the new textbook (yellow pages), and put it in your binder, if you were absent yesterday (sign-in table).

Writing Lesson:  Create strong titles.  (Ten to fifteen minutes)
1.      Read Tips on Titles, page 38.
2.     Grab an Earthbook off the table under the flag.
3.     Complete page 39, Making Titles that are Better than this One.
4.     Put your name at the top, and turn it in by the monkey as soon as you finish.
5.     Put your Earthbook back neatly under the flag, please.

Quizlet Poetry Terms
·      Time yourself; play for FIFTEEN MINUTES.
·      You will have a quiz over these words on FRIDAY.
·      Click here:  http://quizlet.com/class/960569/

WE #7:  Personal Essay:  (Thirty minutes + finish for homework)  NO ONE WILL READ THIS BUT ME.
1.      The piece is a minimum of 400 words.  My word count is in parentheses beside my name. 
2.     I used paragraphs to show my shifting ideas.
3.     I used the correct MLA format for heading. 
4.     I doublespaced the whole piece. 
5.     I included at least five specific examples to support what I’m saying, and these five specific examples are highlighted in yellow. 
6.     I used thesaurus.com to replace at least five words I ordinarily use with five more powerful, precise words.  I highlighted these words in pink. 
7.     All above items are complete by classtime Thursday, 2/27th, at which time I will submit it to Willis on google form.




Upcoming Homework Due
·      Tomorrow:  Autobio Poem to STRONG SECOND DRAFT
·      Friday:  20,000 grains of free rice
·      Friday:  quiz over quizlet poetry terms



*   *   *   *


Turbo-Advanced Creative Writing

It’s all about kids and childhood today!  J

Writing Buddy Prep
1.      The folders for tomorrow’s Writing Buddy work are on the sign-in folder.
2.     Please print hard copies of those assignments, and slip them in the correct folder by the end of the block.
3.     Initial the attached roster, once your little baby is safely tucked insider.

Writing Assignment #1:  Poem--A Confusing World—page 4
·      Save this in your own google docs until I call for it, please.

Writing Assignment #2:  Personal Essay:  What Adults Have Forgotten
NO ONE WILL READ THIS BUT ME.
  1. The piece is a minimum of 400 words.  My word count is in parentheses beside my name. 
  2. I used paragraphs to show my shifting ideas.
  3. I used the correct MLA format for heading. 
  4. I doublespaced the whole piece. 
  5. I included at least five specific examples to support what I’m saying, and these five specific examples are highlighted in yellow. 
  6. I used thesaurus.com to replace at least five words I ordinarily use with five more powerful, precise words.  I highlighted these words in pink. 
  7. All above items are complete by classtime Thursday, 2/27th, at which time I will submit it to Willis on google form.





No comments: