Monday, February 24, 2014

Monday, February 24th, 2014

Creative Writing
Monday, February 24th, 2014

Free Write #4
·      Write for ten solid minutes without ceasing about any topic of your choosing.  Use the Writing Resistance as needed.

Reflection
·      We reviewed the Unit Questions for what we’ve been learning the last five weeks.  Everyone in class helped answer all questions on page 2.

Writing Assignment:  Autobiographical Poem (page 22)
·      I explained the assignment.
·      I read Kyle’s model.
·      I posted THREE MODELS in our class folder:  Maddie, Stephanie and Luke. 
·      We had twenty minutes to complete a first draft of this poem.
·      Save it in the class folder for this assignment.

Giving Thanks
·      We typed thank-you e-mails to the Advanced CW students who read and conferences our three poems:  Around the Block; Ghosts, Monsters and Bullies; Russian Tailor.
·      Here’s a model:

Dear Erica,

I would like to thank you for reading my Around the Block Poem.

I particularly appreciate these two comments you made:

1) all the comments about punctation. I wasn't sure where and how to punctate a poem.

2) The comment about the line "thick lather of soap" I had a hard time coming up with something to put there. I am glad you liked it.

Sincerely, 
Jordan S.

Homework

·      Free Rice = 20,000 grains by Friday, 3/1



Turbo-Advanced Creative Writing

Sharing

  • We viewed all the Post Secret postcards.
  • We filled out the viewing sheets and made guesses.
  • We revealed all!  :-)


Writing Lesson:  Alternate Word Meanings (page 32)

  • We read and discussed (and explained to some people) the examples on that page.
  • We got into trios, and we created at least five alternate definitions of our own (per group).






No comments: