Monday, February 24th, 2014
Free Write #4
· Write for ten solid minutes without ceasing about any topic of your choosing. Use the Writing Resistance as needed.
· We reviewed the Unit Questions for what we’ve been learning the last five weeks. Everyone in class helped answer all questions on page 2.
Writing Assignment: Autobiographical Poem (page 22)
· I explained the assignment.
· I read Kyle’s model.
· I posted THREE MODELS in our class folder: Maddie, Stephanie and Luke.
· We had twenty minutes to complete a first draft of this poem.
· Save it in the class folder for this assignment.
· We typed thank-you e-mails to the Advanced CW students who read and conferences our three poems: Around the Block; Ghosts, Monsters and Bullies; Russian Tailor.
· Here’s a model:
I would like to thank you for reading my Around the Block Poem.
I particularly appreciate these two comments you made:
1) all the comments about punctation. I wasn't sure where and how to punctate a poem.
2) The comment about the line "thick lather of soap" I had a hard time coming up with something to put there. I am glad you liked it.
· Free Rice = 20,000 grains by Friday, 3/1
Turbo-Advanced Creative Writing
- We viewed all the Post Secret postcards.
- We filled out the viewing sheets and made guesses.
- We revealed all! :-)
Writing Lesson: Alternate Word Meanings (page 32)
- We read and discussed (and explained to some people) the examples on that page.
- We got into trios, and we created at least five alternate definitions of our own (per group).