Thursday, May 16, 2013

Thursday, May 16th, 2013


Happy Thursday!
Ø May 16th, 2013

When You Come In
1.      Please sign in.
2.     Grab your folder off the heater.

Today:
Turn in all items to your file cabinet folder, please.  Thanks!

Portfolio
Ø  Go over Portfolio Reminders on the Big Screen.
Ø  Do you have your yellow packet in a safe place?
Ø  Go over Portfolio Ideas on google.

“EB”
Ø  If I marked something “EB”, that means I want you to submit it to Earthbook. 
Ø  I’ll have a google folder ready for those pieces starting tomorrow.  Please share items to that folder, IF you would be comfortable having those pieces published in Earthbook. 
Ø  I’ll remind you of this tomorrow.


Organization
Papers I’m Passing Back
(Use the yellow folder checklist #2 as we go, please.)
1.      Ogden Nash Poems
2.     Six-Word Memoirs—which you had once already. 
a.     I’m just giving them back again.  J 
b.    Second block, make sure you read your comments from your U of I people, if you haven’t already.
3.     Second Block Only:  Things That Are Most in the World sentence and illustration
4.    Graded, Revised Autobiographical Poem
a.     If you didn’t get it back, you didn’t hand it in. 
b.    Look at a neighbor’s paper, if you want to see what you needed to hand in.
c.     Get it to me by the end of the day.
5.     Graded, Revised Sense Poem
a.     I edited it, in case you use it in your portfolio.  MAKE THE EDITING CHANGES, so it’s clean for your portfolio.
b.    If you didn’t get it back, you didn’t hand it in. 
c.     Look at a neighbor’s paper, if you want to see what you needed to hand in.
d.    Get it to me by the end of the day.
6.    Earliest Memory Memoir and Poem w/U of I comments on it (2nd Block Only)
7.     Fifty-Word Stories
a.     These were a hoot to read!  I really enjoyed them.  If you didn’t do this assignment, you missed out on a great possibility for your portfolio, in my opinion.
b.    Each story had to have each item from the checklist on it.  You only lost points if I could not find an element in your story.
c.     I edited them, in case you use them in your portfolio.  MAKE THE EDITING CHANGES, so it’s clean for your portfolio.
8.    Free Write #4

Peer Conferencing:  Musical Memory, First Draft (Twenty minutes)
1.      Get a green handout called “Musical Memory Reading”.
2.     Grab your Musical Memory off the heater.  Write “FIRST DRAFT” at the top in big letters, please.
3.     Trade musical memories and green sheets with the person I’ve assigned you.
4.    Follow the directions for the peer conference.
5.     Fill out the green sheet thoroughly, and follow the directions for returning to the writer and handing in.


Due Friday:  Diction Practice = Free Rice
Ø  Reminder #1:  Make SURE you click on the link on my blog for your class, and make sure that your class group is showing in the right corner of your screen when you play.  Otherwise, I cannot see your grains, and you will not receive any points.
Ø  Reminder #2:  Do not restart at Level 1 every time you play.  Start at the level you stopped at yesterday. 
Ø  DUE DATE: 25,000 grains by classtime Friday
Ø  Everyone should play for the rest of the block.  You will be at 25,000 by Friday!  J


Homework = FreeRice

No comments: