- I handed out the red portfolio packet, and we talked about the requirements.
- We watched the rest of the Portfolio Slideshow for ideas.
- We talked a bit about some people's portfolio ideas.
The Class Poem (Collaborative Poem)
Here’s an example:
- What are its strengths, things we want to emulate?
- What are its weaknesses, things we want to avoid?
The tree leaned into the wind
Fighting against a force it did not understand
An endless battle of two of nature’s forces
A battle with many casualties
Like the Alamo
People were dying left and right
Dropping like flies
Hurt to my eyes
Hurt to my heart
Pieces so far apart
Like a puzzle I used to put together
Oh hey, how about this weather?
The birds were singing and the sun was shining
And a warm breeze blew through the air
I took a deep breath and continued on my journey
Giving all my attention to the bald eagle flying above me
I gave no notice to the happenings around me
I fell into a dreamless sleep, the day finally collecting its toll
Like a smugly satisfied turnpike operator
Grinning madly from inside his glass booth.
Homework = NONE