- Portfolios are due the last day of the term, with is seven class days from the day we get back from break.
- All information related to the Portfolio is in your ORANGE pages of your book.
- If you have questions, e-mail me!
- If you need me to upload any portfolio pages to google, let me know, and I will do that.
- You should have FIVE pieces revised to a second draft--with AT LEAST TEN IMPORTANT changes to each one.
- These should be saved in the correct folders in our class folder on google drive.
- We will PEER CONFERENCE these when we return to school, so they are NOT FINAL yet!
The Rest of the Term
- We are going to write two to three more pieces before the end of the term that will be finalized and ready to go right into your portfolio.
Again, please e-mail me with questions or concerns.
ENJOY YOUR BREAK! :-)
- For starters, I know we are all deeply saddened to have to postpone the reading of Swift's "A Modest Proposal".
- Secondly, I know we are devastated to have missed our party and our college speakers.
What to Do Over Break
- If you see zeros in the gradebook for items you completed, share them with me, and e-mail me with precision and clarity about what the assignment was, etc. I will look at those for you gladly--but they will not be in the gradebook until the end of break.
- Finish reading and annotating Swift's "A Modest Proposal" (homework grade for careful annotations). Here's a text with some explanation you might find helpful, in addition to your paper copy.
What We're Doing the Last Seven Days
- ...reading Sandra Cisneros's A HOUSE ON MANGO STREET (novella).
- ...taking the final vocab quiz.
- ...finalizing free rice.
- ...returning to our discussions of what a good reader does.
- ...having a Socratic Fishbowl Final over MANGO STREET (last day).