Welcome to Creative Writing!
Writing Experiment--I Am a Russian Tailor
Last Thirty Minutes (Ten to explain and model; twenty to type)
Some Examples of Lines
· My brain is in my foot. I can’t think when I step on it.
· I died last night.
· I have over-acted worse than Tom Cruise.
· I created air—every time you breathe, you owe me ten cents.
1. NO BODILY FUNCTIONS! Please, and thank you!
2. JUST WRITE, LINE AFTER LINE, LIE AFTER LIE!
3. YOU WILL HAVE THE CHANCE TO REVISE LATER THIS WEEK:
b. Adding details
c. Deleting stuff
Here’s a model:
Money Grows on Trees
I eat no meat whatsoever.
I eat salad for a living it’s all I can find.
When I sneeze pigeons come out my nose.
I love it when bull sharks snack on my leg meat.
Washington schools are nice and brand spanking new. I love them.
This is Sparta.
Tonight I will dine in hell.
I shot the sheriff.
I am so happy that pigs can fly.
I taught them last week.
My house is made of ginger bread and candy cane.
I run a Columbian drug cartel.
I lay eggs in my kitchen sink.
I invented the wheel and sliced bread.
London Bridge fell down last week.
I have two left feet and one is a sausage.
My blood is cherry flavored.
I have a son named Damien.
Two plus two equals chicken.