What Was Due Today
· A superior, final copy of Prose Revision #1
· Let’s talk about handing in final copies! J
· Portfolios Due Monday (1st Block) or Tuesday (4th Block)
· Portfolio = 20% of your entire term grade (orange pages in your binder)
· Revisions = 15% of your entire term grade (20% just for peer conferencing)
· Finish Conferencing.
· Continue final revision drafting.
· Draft the Perfect Moment
Thursday—Revising Poem #2
· PEER CONFERENCE DIRECTION REMINDERS AND PAIRINGS at
When You Finish Your Peer Conference
1. Return papers to their owners.
2. Staple your papers like this:
a. Second draft (on top)
b. Gold sheet (middle)
c. Rough draft (on bottom.
3. Put them in the drawer. I’m going to review them, then give them back to you tomorrow.
AND AFTER YOU DO THAT….
1. Revise any of your three remaining pieces (You have them all back in your hands now.) to SUPERIOR FINAL DRAFTS!
ADVANCED CREATIVE WRITING
Today we figured out that we have more to do than time remaining to do it. :-)
So, here's what we decided:
Gavin and Bryton read their stories aloud today, and we commented, on google docs, as they read. Thank you, Adam, for showing everyone how to comment!
Several people didn't want to read their stories aloud anyway, so we decided we would read some stories out of class. The schedule is listed below, and it's also in google docs in our ACW folder.
We needed today to finalize printing, to bind, and to do all the little last-minute stuff to be ready with our children's books for tomorrow.
Everyone has been working hard--we're simply running out of time.
1. Who else do I need to print?
2. Do you have all your pages for ALL copies?
3. Binding concerns?
4. Extra copy of your book for me!
5. Adam’s going to do a quick lesson on how to make comments.
6. Readers for Today:
1. Organize children’s stories.
2. Does everyone have every page needed for all books?
3. How are we binding?
Homework for Tomorrow
Homework for Monday--Read Stories (Even Though We Don’t Meet)
4. Shannon (PUT YOUR STORY IN THE FOLDER!)
Homework for Tuesday--Read Stories
Read Aloud Tuesday