1. Reading Quiz, pages 9-45
2. Staple it, make sure your name is on it, then throw it in the drawer, please.
3. When you finish the quiz, start reading Chapter 5 (p. 47):
o “It was on a dreary night of November that I beheld the accomplishment of my toils”.
o What’s happening with the weather?! Is it more than just rain? J
o Glossary for this section starts on page 190! Don’t forget to use it!
o Vocabulary definitions for this section start on page 198!
o Pages 47-50—circle or box as many synonyms as you can for the creature: for example “the monster”.
1. Vocabulary Cards!
a. Spread them out on your desk, WORD SIDE UP. (Yes, I know it will be cramped.)
b. I say the word, and you repeat. Hold up the card and look at it while you repeat after me!
c. Flip it over—make sure your definition is clear!
d. Record the PAGE NUMBER for where you find it!
e. We went over words 1-11; we’ll go over the rest tomorrow.
2. Note it, every time you run across in for the rest of the novel.
3. Jot it on your Vocab War sheet, right?! Right?! J
4. Vocabulary War Meeting! Strategies for last few weeks? Point totals?