Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Thursday, November 3rd, 2011--OUT OF ORDER!

CREATIVE WRITING

When You Come In
1.      Put your homework (worksheet over pages 4-5) in the drawer, please.
2.     Please sign in.
3.     Please get an iBook, and sign on to your google docs.

Writing Lesson Review
·      What are clichés?
·      Why are they evil?

Writing Experiment
1.      Earliest Childhood Memory (3, 4, 5, 6)--I share an early memory with the class, and we talk about it.
2.     You brainstorm a list of at least five possible early memories.
3.     You pair-share with a partner—chat about your ideas, ask each other questions, talk it out….
4.     Now you type your earliest memory--one paragraph (ten-ish minutes). 
5.     Fifteen-ish minutes

When you finish your paragraph, ask yourself these questions, and type a list that answers them:
1.      What colors can I add?
2.     What textures did I feel?
3.     What sounds did I hear?
4.     What’s my overall feeling about this memory? 
5.     Did I learn something from it? 
6.    Do I like remembering it? 

After you write your six answers, go back to your paragraph(s), and add any details you need to, based on your answers.

Super-Important Issue
·      Vocabulary Variety

Turn Your Paragraph Into a Poem (Ten minutes)
1.      Remember my paragraph?
2.     Now look at how I turned it into a poem.
3.     Now you do the same!  J

And Finally….
·      This will be saved in google docs.
·      Do you remember how to print?
·      Do you remember how to print front/back?
·      Do you remember where to print?

Writing Lesson
·      Get your homework worksheet back, and let’s quickly check it.
·      It’s punched, so put it in your binder between pages 4 and 5.
·      Earthbook Editorial Policy
·      Academic Fraud

No comments: