1. Review what Aristotle said in answer to the question, “WHAT IS TRAGEDY?”
2. Re-read pages 69 and 70 in your Oedipus packet. You need to have this in your head BEFORE you start reading what Arthur Miller believes. Both men are writing ARGUMENTS. And you’re going to have to compare and contrast their arguments.
3. What does Arthur Miller say about tragedy in his essay, “Tragedy and the Common Man”?
4. Come get a buff-colored essay off the circle table.
5. Read the Reading Journal question on page 4.
6. Read and annotate Miller’s essay.
7. Answer questions #1-#8 in your Reading Journal. Remember:
o Write in complete sentences.
o Answer all parts of the question(s)
o Use examples from the essay or from other readings to support your points
Last five minutes: Papers to Pass Back
· Greek Myth Final
· Peer Conferencing grades
· Greek Myth Wordle Viewing
· Myth flashcards
1. Arthur Miller “Tragedy and the Common Man” reading annotating
2. Reading Journal (#1-#8)
3. Foster chapter annotated, including allusions looked up and noted
· By 3:30 today—printed copy of myth essay; completed rubric stapled on top.
· Vocab Sushi