Creative Writing Workshop Checklist
· You’ve got GOBS of time to read, write and create today.
· Time yourself, so you get through everything.
· Mark each item off this list as you complete it.
AP ENGLISH CHECKLIST
Please do the chores on this list in order. Thank you!
1. Oedipus Open-Book Quiz (directions on quiz)—take your time; do your best work.
2. Play the Oedipus game for fifteen minutes (Yes, time yourself.) at this link: http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~loxias/myth.htm
3. Take at least three different Oedipus quizzes (but spend no more than fifteen minutes, total on this) at the following link: http://www.shmoop.com/oedipus-the-king/quizzes.html
4. Oedipus Wordle Creation
· Brainstorm a list of at least thirty words that show your thinking about the characters and themes in Oedipus. Consider the following:
o Truth vs. the appearance of truth
o Blindness vs. vision (sometimes second sight)
o Curiosity vs. ignorance (sometimes willful)
o Knowledge vs. misunderstanding
o Fate and free will: do the gods dictate these awful deeds?
o Oedipus’s qualities as a ruler
o Oedipus’s qualities as a man
o Key plot-points
· Once you’ve got at least thirty words, create a wordle for your thinking about the play. The directions are on google docs.
· Use variety! We should be able to see what ideas are most important to you in your thinking by their size, remember?
· Save your wordle in the folder on google docs (“Oedipus Wordle”) as your last name, and we’ll view them Monday.
Homework for Monday
· Final Draft—Myth Essay (grade based on AP writing Rubric)
· Completion of all items listed above