Happy Friday! Happy Veterans Day!
November 11th, 2011
Writing Experiment #5 (Ten minutes: 1:07-1:17)
· Write for minutes on ONE of the following quotations.
· Write the quote and author of it at the top of your paper, please.
1. “We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude." --Cynthia Ozick
2. "War may sometimes be a necessary evil. But no matter how necessary, it is always an evil, never a good. We will not learn how to live together in peace by killing each other's children." --Jimmy Carter
3. "I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask, "Mother, what was war?" --Eve Merriam
4. "How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes!" --Maya Angelou
5. "Courage is almost a contradiction in terms. It means a strong desire to live taking the form of readiness to die." --G.K. Chesterton
Portfolio Slideshow Viewing
Take a gander at the requirements for the portfolio on page 22.
Sit back, and watch the slideshow of portfolios from the past few years.
· What do you notice?
· What’s great?
· What sparks an idea in your thinking?
· What ideas do you have for your own portfolio?
We took the Greek Myth Final.
Please check google docs for the document entitled, "AP Homework for Monday". All details are there.
Thanks, and have a good weekend!