· Get in your same TRIOS you had for making vocabulary cards.
· Everyone get out a sheet of notebook paper, and title it, “Trio Vocab Quiz”.
· You can use your neon green sheets, your vocab cards, and each other’s brains!
· Number from 1-20.
· Spell each word correctly!
· While we’re doing this, if you have extra credit vocabulary, come put it in the computer up here!
Read and Relax—
· Book Chats
· We read for thirty-five minutes in 1st block, and forty-five minutes in 2nd block.
· Reading Journal for “Home Burial”. Hang on to it for now, please.
Journal Quote for Today: Poetry (11:27-11:37)
· “Poetry is nearer to vital truth than history.” --Plato, Ancient Greek Philosopher
· “Poetry is when an emotion has found its thought and the thought has found words.” --Robert Frost, American poet, 1874-1963
· “Genuine poetry can communicate before it is understood.” --T.S. Eliot quotes
· Please open your journals to Free Write #2, 9/12/11, and write your name in big letters across the top.
· Put them on my desk.
Poetry Trios (1:05)
· Let’s take a look at your progress thus far.
· Due Tomorrow: Metaphor Assignment
· Due Tomorrow: Itty Bitty Vocab Quiz #1
5. To glean
· Due Monday: Vocab Sushi