· Please sign in.
· Please take a copy of “Blowing Their Tops”.
· Blowing Their Tops—do this on your own, then READ AND RELAX FOR TEN MINUTES, until everyone’s finished.
· Pair-share to doublecheck your work. We’ll check it as a class after that.
· Highlight any of physical senses you see when I read it aloud:
· Fill out the Visualizing boxes with EIGHT total senses. Number them, please!
· Clip these two pages into your “STRATEGIES” section of your binder (Behind Divider 2). I will check them tomorrow when you turn your folder in.
Read and Relax
· Bookmark Journal
AP Unit Reflection
Reading and Annotating (Talking to the Text)
This class is about reading, writing and thinking. Today, I’d like you to re-read, think, and write. Why? Because it’s Day Six of the term, and we’ve reached a conclusion point for our first unit. I’d like you to reflect on that before we shift gears. I’m looking for evidence that you are re-reading, thinking and writing today. J
1. Re-read each quotation journal entry you wrote (five total). Think about what you think! What questions did you have? What a-ha moments did you arrive at? What did you clarify? What did you disagree with? Synthesize what you said about reading (and anything else) into ONE organized paragraph.
2. Select ONE of your journal entries that you feel shows your strongest thinking—you really engaging and conversing with the quotation—and put a post-it note on it. This is the quote journal entry I will read and respond to.
3. Re-read your annotations on pages 7-15 of your textbook. How did annotating help you make meaning out of something you read? Select ONE ANNOTATION from ONE PIECE, and talk about how you made meaning. This should be ONE organized paragraph.
4. One skill we’ve been working on in class that I can already feel myself getting stronger at is ____________, and here’s why and how: _________________. Turn this sentence into a paragraph that explains what, why, how and when, and use examples to support your points.
5. One skill we’ve been working on in class that I know will be a challenge for me as the term goes on is ________ because_________. Turn this sentence into a paragraph that explains what, why, how and when, and use examples to support your points.
6. One thing about our class that works well is…. (one paragraph, with supporting details)
7. One thing I wish we could change about our class is…. (one paragraph, with supporting details)