Writing Lesson #1--Paragraphing
· Beginning a New Paragraph--Read this aloud together as a class. (p. 28)
· Practice putting in paragraphs on page 29--an excerpt from author John Green.
· Compare our answers with a partner, making changes if needed.
· Look at the author's version of paragraph breaks, and we talked about how ours were similar, and how ours were different.
Writing Lesson #2--Making Line Breaks
· Read the directions; then I’ll model how to work with partners to complete the assignment on page 30.
· Take ten minutes with partners to break the poems into lines, then talk about how and why.
· Get back together as a class to chat about the hows and whys, after we looked at the authors' original breaks.
· We’ll put up the cliché stories, and read them aloud.
· We’ll practice PARAGRAPHING.