April 14th, 2011
· Grab an iBook.
· Ten minutes—finish your Ghosts, Monsters and Bullies poem. (8:12-8:22)
· Think about LINE BREAKS, like we talked about yesterday.
· Five minutes—read and ask five questions.
· Use Leah and Chloe’s model as a guideline.
· Save, print front and back to room 212. I’ll go get them.
· Keep your iBooks at your desk; you’ll need them later.
· Review Page 3 and Page 27 (Unit Big Ideas Pages).
· What do we know? What have we learned? What’s still a mystery?
Portfolio—Questions from Your Discussions
This is the Portfolio Lesson for the week. Next week’s lesson will be a slideshow of past projects. The goal is to answer your questions and remove confusion, and push you towards thinking about the shape your project might take—BEGIN WITH THE END IN MIND.
· What is the reflection?
· How do we show evidence of time spent?
· If our project is a big object, how do we have a cover page?
· Do we present our portfolios?
· Do we read our work to others?
Writing Assignment—Prompt Word Poem
· Write down the list of words from people’s DEATH OF LANGUAGE assignment on page 17.
· Read the directions.
· Read the RUBRIC (how you’ll be graded).
· Start creating!
· Journal #2—1 ½ pages MINIMUM, typed, doublespaced
· Use pages 6 and 7 if you need help.
· Due at 8:10 tomorrow; if you need to print here at school, get here a few minutes early.