Tuesday, April 5th, 2011
Due in the Drawer Now, Please
· Writing Experiment #3--Leaver/Leavee; Spilled Popcorn
Pick Up Off the Circle Table
· Your nametag—tape it to your desk, please.
· A Journal #1 Handout
Independent Work Time
· Journal #1 (Directions on handout)
Chat with Me
When you come back to my desk, bring the following pages for me to check:
· Page 8 –Clichés
· Pages 12—Using Precise Adjectives
· You will also read aloud to me your Earliest Memory poem. (I have it.)
· I WILL CONTINUE THESE LATER, SINCE I ONLY TALKED WITH HALF THE CLASS TODAY.
Trade and Comment—I Am a Russian Tailor
· I’ll explain how I want you to give each other comments today (directions on the overhead).
· We’ll trade iBooks with two other people for comments—I WILL DRAW PARTNER NAMES FOR THAT.
· Leave THREE COMMENTS for your partner.
· You do not need to print today; I will be able to read your poem in the class folder.
· We’ll revise this poem Friday, and we’ll share our best line.
Writing Assignment Prep for Tomorrow
· Let’s take a look at the Cliché Story, which you will write on WEDNESDAY.
· Go to page 11 in your book, please.
- I explained how to total your pink daily reading logs.
- I had a daily reading conference with every student.
- I talked with several people about the books they'd finished.
- I showed people (using Parker's shelfari) how and where to find my comments to them on their book reviews.
- We read for about seventy minutes today.