Monday, April 4th, 2011
Happy Monday, people! J
· Let’s review the Unit One Overview (p. 3).
· Write your answers to the questions.
· What questions can we answer already?
· What is coming up in the rest of this unit?
· What writing lessons have we learned thus far?
· Choosing Precise Adjectives (p. 12)—let’s discuss this page, and then we’re going to revise the imprecise sentences. START TIME: 8:41 END TIME: 8:51
· We’ll share them with partners (X 3) for smileys when we’re done, then everyone will share his/her strongest, most precise sentence.
· We talked about “relative” terms—tall, for example. Thank you to Jordan and Brock, and Tara and Erin, for being our visual aids.
Writing Experiment #3--I Am a Russian Tailor
· I’ll explain the assignment.
· I’ll read you several models.
· I’ll show you where to save these today.
· Writing Experiment #4—handout—three choices
Writing Experiment #4
· Select ONE of the following choices to write about.
· Set a timer for twenty minutes. Write or type for the full twenty minutes.
· TYPE this assignment (and doublespace it), if you can do so at a reasonable pace.
· Record the time you started, and the time you stopped, at the top of the page.
DUE: TOMORROW, TUESDAY, in the drawer, when the tardy bell rings
- I reminded everyone that today is the official Book #1 deadline, for people who are trying to stay on track for an "A".
- We reviewed what to do when you finish reading a book.
- I had book chats with five people today.
- I read Shelfari reviews today.
- We had a book chat with a new partner over character.
- We made nametags.
- We read for approximately sixty minutes today.