- Writing Experiment #5 is due to Mr. Collins when the tardy bell rings--no late assignments accepted.
Earthbook Reading Assignment (20 minutes of quiet reading time)
- Get a copy of the handout, then grab an Earthbook.
- Follow the directions on the handout.
Portfolio Group Discussion (30 minutes of group work time)
- Get into your groups, and follow the directions on the handout.
- Remember, you're in a group so you can TALK to people about the items on the handout--so DISCUSS, people! :-)
Writing Experiment #6 (25 minutes of individual, quiet in-class work time)
- Grab an iBook, and type for twenty minutes on ONE of the following options.
- Save, print FRONT/BACK to room 210, and have ONE person go over and get everybody's paper.
- Put it in the drawer before you leave, please!
The Big Event
· When a special event is on the horizon, people plan for it and get excited about it. Maybe it’s a dance, an election, a family event, a party, a birthday, or an important sports game.
· Think of a special event that you planned for a looked forward to that turned out much differently from what you expected. Write about what you expected would happen and what actually happened.
· What is your favorite holiday? What is your least favorite holiday? Write about two memorable holiday experiences, one from your favorite holiday and one from your least favorite.
What a Fright
· There’s “fun scary” (walking through a haunted house, screaming through a horror movie, riding a roller coaster) and then there’s “scary scary” (being in a car accident, getting caught in the ocean’s riptide). Describe the scariest experience you’ve ever had. Was it fun scary, or was it really terrifying?