Annotation and Discussion
- We annotated Jessica's and Amanda's poems, then discussed them.
- We identified sound devices Adriana's poem and Ethan's poem (discussion for the work we did yesterday). Yowza--there were lots of sound devices in those form and meaning poems! :-)
- We got out our photos, and we filled out page 40, then turned them in.
- Saying It without Saying "It" poem
- Party Item
How to be a Writing Mentor
- We chose partners for the next four times we'll go to Stewart.
- I went over the lesson plan for tomorrow: writing an autobiographical poem.
- I went over the guidelines and expectations for working with the third-graders tomorrow.
- I went over the rubric for the Autobiography Poem, and then people had time to put finishing touches on it, fill out the rubric, then turn it in.
- We also worked on draft #2 of the WWYLN--pages 41, items #1, 2 and 3.
- Musical Memory Journal (p. 44)--due MONDAY
- I worked with about a third of the class to set up Shelfari accounts, and they spent a good portion of the class creating their bookshelves.
- We read for about sixty-five minutes.