- Form and Meaning Poem
- We split into three groups to unpack the three paragraphs on page 36, then got back together as a class to discuss them.
- I talked about the two options on page 37, Childhood Lie OR Childhood Memory. People picked one, and then typed for twenty minutes about it.
Writing Assignment (Out-of-Class)
- I explained the Post Secret Post Card assignment on page 37, and then we looked at the slideshow for models.
- I handed out TWO 4 x 6 index cards to each person. TWO Post Secret Post Cards are due THURSDAY, one to share, one to mail anonymously.
- We read our six-word memoirs and talked about how they were true and told a story, even though they were only six words long. They were great!
- Scrabble Names
- Two Post Secret Postcards for THURSDAY
- Journal #2
- I went over the requirements and guidelines for the Autobiographical Poem (page 32).
- I read Kyle's model (p. 33).
- I read Martha's and James's model from the Big Screen.
- I asked people to read the following BEFORE they started typing their assignment:
- Reasons for Breaking Lines (p. 31)
- Vocabulary Variety (red sheet in your binder)
- Tips on Titles (p. 34)
- We worked on this for twenty minutes, then saved it in the Student Volume for me to read and comment on.
- Writing and editing dialogue--we read the story on page 35 aloud, to see how to use and edit dialogue.
- We got with a partner, and we filled about page 36, using pages 37-9 for help.
- We checked page 36 in class, but saved #10 for tomorrow.
- I passed out the partner dialogue story model, and then we had ten minutes to work with our partners on brainstorming and typing.
- We read about seventy-five minutes today.
- I had book chats with people as needed.