- We reviewed what the MLA format looks like for heading.
- We created a folder on our Student Volume called "ACW", dedicated for the work we do in class this term.
- I read two more models for this assignment from page 1, and then we typed for twenty-five minutes.
- We saved them in the class folder, as well as our own, and then we read them aloud.
- Everyone received two to four comments of feedback.
- We will finish reading these aloud tomorrow.
- We talked about "poetic" terms we could use when commenting on each other's work. I started a list on the Big Screen, which I will copy for everyone, once we add more to it.
- We created a section in our binder for Brain Pain notes.
- We spent five minutes brainstorming, then five minutes sharing our pain.
- Worksheet over pages 4-5
- I went over MLA format for heading.
- We created a folder in our Student Volume called "Creative Writing", dedicated for the work we do this term.
- I explained the requirements for this assignment, and then I read several models.
- We took twenty minutes to type, tweak, save and print theses pieces.
- We got in trios, and we read two other people's poems, and we wrote two positive comments on each, then signed them.
- We talked about what clichés are, and why we shouldn't use them in our writing (p. 8).
- We spent some time creating anti-clichés, and we shared a few.
- We will finish these tomorrow.
- Everyone picked up a pink daily reading log, and I went over the procedure for filling them out every day.
- Everyone picked up a yellow Reading Record, filled them out with their first book, then brought them back to me for a quick chat.
- We read for about sixty-five minutes.