- We finished sharing the "I Had the Weirdest Dream" poems.
- What asked ourselves, "What matters in poetry?"
- We read Observations About Poetry on page 16, then discussed them briefly.
- We wrote a class poem, then read each one aloud. :-)
- Timed Writing Journal--type for twenty minutes on "Tiny or Immense" from page 53.
- We talked about the important of trust (p. 1).
- We talked about what is inappropriate material for class--we agreed as a classroom community on what these items would be.
- We briefly discussed what surprised us about the information about cheating on pages 4-5.
- We took five minutes to finish creating the anti-clichés, and then we traded them with three other people for smileys.
- Earliest Childhood Memory--I share an early memory with the class, and we talked about it. Then everyone got an iBook and typed up his/her earliest memory--one paragraph (ten minutes).
- I then showed a poem I made out of my story, and then everyone turned his/her paragraph into a poem.
- We read! :-)