- We read Sandburg's Ten Definitions of Poetry again today, and we briefly discussed what each one meant.
- We read everyone's Five Definitions of Poetry, created yesterday--well-done, creative thinkers! :-)
- We read everyone's Bad Poem, and we elected Jessica and Abbie's as the worst!
- We added to our Poetry list.
- We reviewed the words we wanted to banish, then everyone submitted a word on the Lake Superior Banished Word Committee: http://www.lssu.edu/banished/submit_word.php
- We found out Tyler's word from last year--"Fail"--was accepted and published on the website as a 2011 Banished Word! Yay, Tyler!
- We completed the adoption process at www.savethewords.org, then dropped our word into the Student Volume for class discussion.
- A Difficult Sentence to Write
- Write two sentences describing a recent visit you paid to the planet Jupiter.
- o In the first sentence, make every word come later in the alphabetical order than the one before it.
- o In the second sentence, make every word come earlier in alphabetical order than the one before it.
- Writing Experiment #3--Leaver/Leavee; Spilled Popcorn
- I wished everyone a happy first week anniversary, and then we discussed the Unit One Overview (p. 3) to see how we're doing.
- All groups shared their Cliché stories!
- Choosing Precise Adjectives (p. 12)--we discussed this page, revised the imprecise sentences, then shared with partners.
- I had book chats with people who had finished books.
- I explained how to document make-up reading, and I passed out the form for it.
- I input daily reading scores.
- We read for about seventy minutes today.