- We had great vittles! :-)
- We read the Alternate Word Endings on page 14. We explained them to each other, and we laughed.
- We got into trios to create our own Alternate Definitions.
- Amanda and Kathleen, you each need to come up with five of your own. Use the dictionary to find potential words--it seemed to make coming up with the definitions easier.
- We spent twenty minutes typing "Hurtling Towards Cereal Bowl...." (p. 2). We will share some of these Monday.
- Amanda and Kathleen, you guys need to create your one-two paragraphs of your extraordinary morning for Monday, please.
- Symbol Poem
- We went around the room, and everyone shared one word from his or her Death of Language list.
- We had twenty-five minutes of workshop to work on this assignment. Everyone will complete the assignment for homework, as needed.
- Everyone picked up a copy of Vocabulary Variety, and we talked about it.
- We talked about the four ways to revise: add, subtract, substitute, and transpose.
- We opened up our rough drafts of the Ghosts, Monsters, Bullies poem, and we re-read it, then considered the five questions our partner asked us yesterday. Then we revised.
- We saved them, printed them, and turned them in.
- Finish the Death of Language list (twenty words)
- We walked to the Public Library to read.
- We read for about seventy minutes today.