- We read for about seventy-five minutes.
- I reminded everybody that "point-of-view" is our phrase for the week
- Early Memory (pages 47-8)--I talked about how to do this assignment, and then I read two models.
- We had thirty minutes to type a first draft.
- We circled our verbs, underlined any words we thought might not be child-like, then turned them in.
- People who turned in Musical Memory Journals got with a partner and conferenced them, with my directions and a handout, then turned these back in.
- People who didn't hand this assignment in got a stern talking-to, and an option for completing this assignment.
- We spent the last ten minutes of class thinking back to childhood and our thoughts about the holidays (Santa's Helper Prep).
- Quick Write--in the drawer, please
Art Essay Reminder
- I handed out the turn-in guidelines and went over them, and we decided on a due date--Tuesday, December 7th.
- I put up words we haven't defined yet, and everyone recorded the definitions.
- We did a reflection, which I will talk with each person about individually tomorrow.
- We had a massive paper pass-back.
The House on Mango Street
- We had a solid, thoughtful discussion about Sally, gender issues, equality and inequality, and "Red Clowns".
- Prepare to present YOUR critical approach in class tomorrow, along with five examples of you using it from your book of choice (Frankenstein or Mango). Refer to your handout, or talk to your partner for help.