- We read for about seventy-five minutes today.
- I conferenced with the rest of the class about their daily reading grades.
- I did a few book chats.
- Journal #3
- #9--Life at Thirty (or Forty): I went over the guidelines on page 49.
- I read three models: Nick's, Ben's and Ashley's.
- We took thirty full minutes to type a one-page rough draft of this piece.
- We put up the Autobiographical Poems on the Big Screen.
- We shared them, and we kept filling out our blue sheets about details from the poems.
Due in Drawer
- page 16 Quick Write
- page 15
Due at Your Desk
- "Monkey Garden" highlights--I went around and checked these.
- We got with a partner, and we discussed the key details of the chapter.
- Each partner drew ten details from the chapter, for a total of twenty details on the poster.
- We went on a gallery walk and looked at all the posters and the details included.
- We talked a bit about what details were included in some posters, but not in others.
Small Group Discussion
- I assigned the questions on page 14 to groups, and we had fifteen minutes to prepare presentations for the class--four groups of three, and one group of four, since we had two people absent.
- Small groups started presenting their responses to the questions on page 14, and we heard responses to questions 1-6.
- Type for twenty minutes on any item from page 17.